“Hands-On/Boots on the Floor” Safety Management—In YOUR Plant
This kind of Grass Roots experience is essential to meeting your desired safety goals. It can only come from trained professionals who understand the process requirements you have in the plant and know, FROM EXPERIENCE, how to get buy-in at the floor level to meet your safety AND production goals.
How do we do this?
Through understanding Process Analysis, and a commitment to continuous improvement, because when you create a measurable improvement in safety, you WILL increase productivity output.
We can demonstrate these gains from the hands-on experience we have gathered from years of working directly (on-the-floor) with your employees on safety and process improvements and concerns.
This is not just a “Safety Consulting Plan” where we sit in an office, fill out reports and have meetings. Safety consultants are a dime-a-dozen. It reminds us of the UPS commercial from a few years ago where the consultants recommend streamlining the supply chain, move production overseas, etc. and when the boss gives it some thought and says “Do It!” they respond “We don’t DO what we propose…We just propose it…
We come to your plant and help to address concerns, solve problems and free your management up to do what they do best. Which is not safety management. We can help you with the “REAL” concerns that crop up, and provide a measurable safety strategy:
- What do you do if your current safety program doesn’t address your actual safety concerns on the floor?
- How do we implement a Safety Strategy without interrupting your process?
- How can a safer workplace improve your output?
- How do we work in partnership with the manufacturing engineers, so that we can understand and mitigate the exposures in your manufacturing processes that cause injuries?
Your employees actually know where the problems occur and can provide the input you need to solve them. Our job is to work with them, gain their trust and input, to make them part of the solution.
We Understand 6S and how applies in Lean Manufacturing:
- Sort — Distinguish between what is needed and not needed and remove the latter.
- Stabilize — Enforce a place for everything and everything in its place.
- Shine — Clean up the workplace and look for ways to keep it clean.
- Standardize — Maintain and monitor adherence to the first three Ss.
- Sustain — Follow the rules to keep the workplace 6S-right — ”maintain the gain.”
- Safety — Eliminate hazards. (We added this sixth “S” so we could maintain the focus on Safety within our Lean events and embed safe conditions into all our improvement recommendations.)
We Understand A3—Plan, Do, Check, Act