Preventing Slips and Falls
In 2013, workplace injuries and accidents that caused employees to miss six or more days of work cost employers $62 billion. That is more than $1 billion per week. The leading causes of the injuries were overexertion and slip and fall incidents.
Ways to prevent Slip and Fall Accidents:
- Look for light: If a worker goes out to the loading dock and can see light, rain or snow can find its way onto the pavement creating a slippery surface.
- Have tight seals on your trailer and dock.
- Use an HVLS fan. The fan can help combat precipitation as well as condensation.
- Use moisture absorbent mats
- Display “wet floor” signs
Three Sixty Safety will view the potential hazards in your workplace and help you to remedy the issues.
Our Goal: Everyone Goes Home Safe…Every Day!