Hazard Communication Safety
Hazard: Chemical burns are possible if spills of hazardous materials occur.
- Maintain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for each chemical to which workers are exposed in the facility;
- Follow instructions on the MSDS for handling chemical products;
- Train employees on the risks of each chemical being stored;
- Provide spill cleanup kits in any area where chemicals are stored;
- Have a written spill control plan;
- Train employees to clean up spills, protect themselves and properly dispose of used materials;
- Provide proper personal protective equipment and enforce its use;
- Store all chemicals safely and securely;
- Store chemicals away from forklift traffic areas.
Don’t ever forget, your family is counting on you to come home from work safe every day