Hazard: Injuries happen here when forklifts run off the dock, products fall on employees or equipment strikes a person.
- Drive forklifts slowly on docks and dock plates;
- Secure dock plates and check to see if the plate can safely support the load;
- Keep clear of dock edges and never back up forklifts to the dock’s edge;
- Provide visual warnings near dock edges;
- Prohibit “dock jumping” by employees;
- Make sure that dock ladders and stairs meet OSHA specifications.
If you need assistance with a Mock OSHA Audit or have any questions about your level of OSHA Compliance, contact us today at 586-778-9900.
Don’t ever forget, your family is counting on you to come home from work safe every day