Charging Stations Safety
Hazard: Fires and explosion risks are possible unless proper guidelines are followed.
- Prohibit smoking and open flames in and around charging stations;
- Provide adequate ventilation to disperse fumes from gassing batteries;
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are available and fully charged;
- Provide proper personal protective equipment such as rubber gloves and eye and face protection;
- Properly position forklifts and apply brakes before attempting to change or charge batteries; follow required procedures when refueling gas or propane-fueled forklifts;
- Provide conveyors, overhead hoists or equivalent materials handling equipment for servicing batteries; • Provide an eye washing and safety shower facility for employees exposed to battery acids.
Don’t ever forget, your family is counting on you to come home from work safe every day.