“Three Sixty Safety provides examples of real-world Safety Issues every Tuesday and how they are impacting manufacturers.”
What were to top 10 most cited violations of 2017?
- Fall Protection – General Requirements: 6,887 Violations
- Hazard Communication: 4,652 Violations
- Scaffolding: 3,697 Violations
- Respiratory Protection: 3,381 Violations
- Lockout/Tagout: 3,131 Violations
- Ladders: 2,567 Violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks: 2,349 Violations
- Machine Guarding: 2,109 Violations
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements: 1,724 Violations
- Electrical – Wiring Methods: 1,530 Violations
What were the top 5 largest fines of 2017?
- $2.6 Million
- $1.5 Million
- $1.5 Million
Why is it important to budget for safety?
The fines really speak for themselves in these scenarios. Despite what it may cost to implement a proper Occupational Health and Safety program, the fines an organization may face can cost them up to 30x more than a quality safety program. And, if you are fined for a violation, chances are that your coverage costs will rise. Building a safety culture helps identify the risks many organizations face. By engaging with your people on the floor, who see the risks they face every day, can allow you to rapidly develop a strategy to mitigate those risks.
How Three Sixty Safety can help?
Three Sixty Safety offers a full Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as well as OSHA certified training. Do you need help developing the proper and procedures in your facility? We can be there with boots on the ground! If OSHA makes a visit to your facility, one of the first questions they will ask is for your documentation. Our system provides a full documentation platform for managing OSHA visits to your site.
For more details on how Three Sixty Safety can help please contact 586-778-9900 or email@example.com.
Check out our safety blog at: threesixtysafety.com/blog